The core of our organization.
Our Foster and Adoption program is the Leon County Humane Society’s most extensive program and it lies at the very heart of our rescue mission.
Fostering is your chance to make a difference in the life of a companion animal. Although we place hundreds of animals every year, we turn down many more because of lack of space. The more foster homes we have, the more animals we are able to save.
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent, there are a few simple steps:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions about Fostering.
- Complete a Foster Parent Application online.
- After you have completed the application, you will talk with one of our Foster Program Coordinators to learn more about how our Foster Program works, and determine what kind of pet would be a good fit for fostering.
- Pass a home visit so that LCHS can be assured that the foster animal will live in an appropriate environment.
The Foster Application is the first step in becoming a foster parent...
Frequently asked questions about fostering...